Skip to content

Subscribe Settings, Personalization / Customization tags, and Confirmation link

edited January 2018 in Questions

Hi Ben:

Thank you for churning out so many answers in this forum so diligently.

My questions revolve around double opt-in.

1. As a suggestion, would it be possible to label the forms in the "Subscribe settings" page in order of how the recipient receives them?
    For example: #1 - If you use this form, this is first email your visitor would receive; #2 - This is the second, etc. After testing, I realize it’s not clear in what sequence each email gets sent out.

2. In trying to use personalize / customize each email for each part of the sign-up process, I’ve learned through the forums that we’ll need to employ [Name,fallback=] . There’s mention of a list of personalization tags at the bottom of screen. I can’t seem to find them. Not sure if this has changed over the years.
    The forum post I read was from 2014.

3. Is there a simple way to add a basic URL to an email, rather than using the:

[confirmation_link]

or

the confirmation link tags

<a href="[confirmation_link]">[confirmation_link]</a>

For example: When I signed up to the Sendy forum, I needed to click on a basic URL confirmation link from within my email, as shown below.

I’d like to make a image clickable, but the only methods offered through my HTML editor is by inserting a basic URL (https://) .

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• BenBen
    edited January 2018

Hi,

As a suggestion, would it be possible to label the forms in the "Subscribe settings" page in order of how the recipient receives them? For example: #1 - If you use this form, this is first email your visitor would receive; #2 - This is the second, etc. After testing, I realize it’s not clear in what sequence each email gets sent out.

Thanks for your suggestion I’ll consider it.

In trying to use personalize / customize each email for each part of the sign-up process, I’ve learned through the forums that we’ll need to employ [Name,fallback=] . There’s mention of a list of personalization tags at the bottom of screen. I can’t seem to find them. Not sure if this has changed over the years. The forum post I read was from 2014.

Personalisation tags can only be used for ‘Campaign’ and ‘Autoresponder’ emails, not thank you email or confirmation emails. When you create or edit a campaign or autoresponder, you will find all available personalization tags you can use at the bottom of the page (see screenshot below):

Screenshot:

If you want to use personalization tags for ’Thank you emails’, create a Drip Campaign Autoresponder instead, please see ? https://sendy.co/forum/discussion/293/personalized-tags-did-not-work-in-thank-you-email/p1

Is there a simple way to add a basic URL to an email

You can just add the tag [confirmation_link] to the confirmation email where you want it to appear, it will be converted to the full raw URL, similar to the confirmation link you receive when you signup to this forum.

For example the following:

Thanks for sign-up, please click this link to confirm your subscription → `[confirmation_link]`

will become:

Thanks for sign-up, please click this link to confirm your subscription → http://your_sendy_installation_url/c/4sUGnmdwMAm8/jy2NqJqs2JMR

the above confirmation link is a fake link for illustration purpose only

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.