Skip to content

Sending a plain text only newsletter

edited May 2013 in Questions

I try to set up a plain text newsletter (only) using the little plain text box on the left - and I cannot do a 'Save & next' - instead I am forced to hit the 'Save & switch to WYSIWYG editor' button - and only then (without entering anything into the large text box on the right) does the 'Save & next' button does something? How is this supposed to work? Is the Plain text entry area a standalone way of specifying the text - or does it somehow 'feed into' the text box on the right? Why the dependency? Why can't I just defines something in the plain text area and then do a 'Save & next' to move on? Is there a user guide or instructions for this screen somewhere?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Gary,

Sendy sends 'multi-part' emails.

What this means is that your email will contain both the HTML and alternative plain text version.

Email clients that support HTML will use the HTML to display your email. Email clients that does not support HTML will use the plain text version to display your email.

If you want to compose a regular plain text email, type it in the WYSIWYG editor. Once you're done, just copy and paste the content into the plain text field.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.