Skip to content

Proper Order, Bounces and Complaints to Feedback Details

edited May 2013 in Troubleshooting

Do your "bounces" and "complaints" topic subscriptions not show up in the SES Management Console but are still not confirmed in the SNS Management Console? Pretty sure you followed steps 7-8 to the "T"? Positive you did not overlook the correct region in the SNS? Went ahead with trying to send a campaign anyhow because it doesn't make sense and get the warning that bounces and complaints aren't set up?

Well, this was me.

Took a fair chunk of time to figure out why, I think.

I had used a different email to set up my address in my Sendy install than the email that I was sending from within the SES. Pretty sure this should get mentioned somewhere in big fat bold letters. It's obvious in retrospect, but easy to overlook.

Fixed it on the Sendy install AFTER I had already created the topics/subscriptions. Deleted the previous topics/subscriptions. Made new ones. They then showed up in the SES Feedback Details dropdown.

At some point in my confusion and testing, things went awry. The series of subscriptions became mismatched to the info in the dropdowns in Feedback Details - despite the topic name being "correct". In other words, FIRST delete any errant topics/subscriptions, then the Feedback Details Configuration needed to be set to "No SNS Topic", saved, new bounce/complaint topic/subscriptions made and matched in SES Feedback details and THEN AND ONLY then would everything match up.

Hope this helps some other poor sap. Feel free to hit me up for clarification. Will do my best.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited May 2013

Hi @charvan,

Thanks for writing this and wanting to help someone else in future.

I had used a different email to set up my address in my Sendy install than the email that I was sending from within the SES. Pretty sure this should get mentioned somewhere in big fat bold letters. It's obvious in retrospect, but easy to overlook.

The email address setup in Sendy versus the email you're sending from has nothing to do with bounces and complaints handling.

Setting up bounces and complaints handling is super easy, just setup your SNS subscriptions. Then set Feedback Details for the sending emails and domains back in SES console.

By the way, you aren't signed up to the forum with the email you purchased Sendy using. This was written in big bold letters and highlighted in yellow at the forum signup form.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.