Skip to content

Strange code in template?

TLTTLT
edited April 2019 in Troubleshooting

There seems to be some strange code on my template:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I tried to manually remove the lines of code, to delete the template, to create a new one with only essential tags and HTML: nothing worked. Those lines reappaer by themselves after I saved the changes.

I found the lines also in campaigns sent without template. Viewing the raw message on Yahoo mailbox, I saw this:

In campaign report, activity link shows third-party URLs too:

Uninstall and reinstall Sendy has not solved the problem. According to Wordfence scan, no files on my site are compromised. I searched for hidden files through Filezilla, but the mysterious embed-ad-content in WP-content does not appear to exist.

Consider that I bought Sendy less than two weeks ago and that, excluding a BEE Free free email template (deleted that too, of course), I haven’t added any external code to my installation.

Any suggestions on how could I get rid that stuff?

Comments

• Hi,

Sendy does not add these code into the WYSIWYG editor. One of your browser extension is inserting code into the editor when you were composing your email (for example, ‘Grammarly' or ‘Ad Blocker Ultimate' browser extension is known to do just that).

1. Disable all extensions in your browser as one of your browser extension is inserting redundant code into the WYSIWYG editor when you're creating or editing a campaign
    2. Or use a browser that have no extensions installed
    3. Then re-create your campaign (not just “Duplicate”, create a new campaign and write your message)

If the issue goes away, then you'd need to track down this browser extension that inserts code into the WYSIWYG editor when you were creating/editing your campaign and disable it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• It worked; the extension responsible for the problem was Adguard Adblocker.
    Thank you for all your help.

This discussion has been closed.