Skip to content

How Does the API thingy work?

edited June 2013 in Using Sendy

Hi Ben,

I've been messing a bit with PHP earlier, but I have no idea how the API thing works. So when I wanted a special feature, I hired a guy on Fiverr who had high ratings (I gave him 5 stars, too, back then), and who said that he knew API.

Only when I was updating Sendy the last time, I noticed that some of the Sendy files were changed, and there were no changes in the API folder.

I wanted to be able to add a new subscriber to one specific list, plus the one they subscribed to, and he made that possible (probably for all brands, which is NOT the intention, but that's beside the problem.

I can see that he's added code inside subscribe.php

Can I just take those code snippets and add them to the API folder somehow?

Or do you have other suggestions? It's a pain, because I can't update the subscribe.php file as it is now.

Comments

• Hi @BrittMalka,

Can I just take those code snippets and add them to the API folder somehow?

I suggest not modifying any of Sendy's code unless you don't mind managing future upgrades to prevent new files from overwriting your modified code.

Also, I can't provide support once any of Sendy's original code has been modified.

I suggest using Sendy's API as it is. If you are not sure how to use Sendy's API because of limited programming knowledge, please consult your developer. The API is provided "as is", any bugs or issues with the API are covered by Sendy's support, other than that, things like how to program with the API is not supported and you'll need to consult your developer on programming and integrating Sendy with your website.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.