Skip to content

Google ReCaptcha Dilema

edited July 2020 in Questions

I manage several websites on different domains for my clients. I have sendy installed on my main company domain. There I have a dilema. I have each domain set up for ReCaptcha to avoid spam bots. This works fine so long as people subscribe via the form on each domain. However, when I want to send a potential subscriber the direct link in an email for instance, I get a ReCaptcha error because sendy is on a different domain to the list that the link refers to. How can I get around this problem? Ideally, I would need Google to recognise that both domains are viable but there doesn't seem to be any info on their site regarding this. I am not a programmer, so if there is a solution using API, I would need step by step instructions as it confuses the hell out of me! Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Well, without any further options, I decided to try removing ReCaptcha altogether. The default standalone form now works fine and surprisingly, I've not received any spam either! Job done!

• Glad to hear that! :)

This discussion has been closed.