Skip to content

Tweaking open rate algorithm to show best possible rates

edited September 2013 in Suggestions

Use case: Mail has been sent to 5 users with one or more links in the email body content, but only 2 users open the mail in "View images mode", so the system records that only 2 users have opened the email but I also see that there 4 users who have actually clicked on one or more link in the email body content.

Now its clear that 4 users have opened the email, but the system records it as only 2, since only 2 have opened the email in "View images mode". I think by tweaking the track links algorithm we can provide almost the better stats. Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Comments

• I have had the same problem with other systems I have used which we would have an additional column which would record a 1 if either an open or click occured

• I think the open rates are only estimates and not pure statistics. When you do that on a large scale the % looks very real even though it does not count the links.

I think the better solution is to use the click-through percentage as the open-rate percentage without even touching the code as long as it is bigger number than the open-rate one.

• i agree with santosh... there can be much more cases where you need to track this.

• I would like to support this feature request!
    Currently clickers are not always counted as openers (i.e. if they do not open in "View Images" mode).
    Why a clicker should not be counted as opener automatically? Number would be much closer to reality.
    Thank you,

• Rainer
  • Totally agreed! Are there any plans to implement this in the future? I even thought that clicking on links would force-enable the "view images mode" anyway, triggering the open tracking (except when receivers copy/paste the link of course).

• Click are now counted as opens in the latest version of Sendy.

This discussion has been closed.