Skip to content

Removing bounced emails from entire BRAND and LIST

edited January 2014 in Using Sendy

Hi there,

I've been using Sendy for about a year and am very happy with that way that it all works.

I use Sendy often with a not-for-profit teaching organisation in the UK. The lists that they send to me are very low in terms of being marked as Spam, but occasionally they are slightly stale and sometimes I have high(ish) bounce rates.

I was wondering, does Sendy automatically have a mechanism whereby it removes emails that bounce from the LIST as well as from the ENTIRE BRAND.

Please you clarify what happens with bounced emails on a list and brand basis.

In the list settings I always choose to 'unsubscribe from all lists' with in the brand and so was wondering if bouncing would also do the same, ie a bounced email is removed from all lists in the brand?

Thanks for the great software!

Comments

• Hi @njwrigley,

I've been using Sendy for about a year and am very happy with that way that it all works.

I am very glad to hear that Sendy is working well for you. :)

I was wondering, does Sendy automatically have a mechanism whereby it removes emails that bounce from the LIST as well as from the ENTIRE BRAND.

Sendy does not 'remove' emails that 'bounced'. It flags those emails as 'bounced' so that future emails will never be send to them. When you import a CSV into any list, Sendy will check against these 'bounced' emails and won't import any email that has been flagged as 'bounced' before. It doesn't matter which list or brand the CSV was import into.

In the list settings I always choose to 'unsubscribe from all lists' with in the brand and so was wondering if bouncing would also do the same, ie a bounced email is removed from all lists in the brand?

Yes. When an email 'bounced', it will be removed from all lists from all brands. When an email is 'bounced', it means the email is invalid and does not exist, so it's flagged globally.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
    Ben

• So basically if an email is bounced ANY list under ANY brand in that installation of Sendy will no longer be able to send to that email address by default.

Is that right?

• That's correct.

This discussion has been closed.