Skip to content

Why CKEditor? (curiosity)

edited October 2014 in Using Sendy

Hey Ben,

As a fellow developer we are working with Redactor and I noticed you switched to CKeditor, I'm curious to your reasons (especially also because redactor just updated to version 10.x just when you switched)?

Thanks.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited October 2014

Hi Steve,

Redactor is too buggy, even when it is now updated to version 10.x.

Redactor duplicates the meta data in the HTML each time you switch from 'HTML' to 'Content' view. A lot of users are affected by this bug and I can replicate it.

Also, in version 10.x, Redactor has deprecated the 'iframe' option. That means HTML cannot be edited in full. When a user pastes the full HTML into Redactor, Redactor will strip out the <html>, <head> and <body> tags, destroying their design.

Redactor doesn't let you double click an image and replace it with another image by uploading the image in the modal window. You have to enter the 'URL' of the image instead of being able to just upload another image.

CKeditor is a much better and more stable editor and doesn't have any of the above problems.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hey Ben,

Thanks for the answer perhaps we should look into switching, I haven't tested extensively with Redactor (we're still in development phase) but I've noticed sometimes some weird stuff was going on and some formatting was just not working inside the editor.

This discussion has been closed.