Skip to content

Sendy seems very slow?

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hello, I've just setup a campaign to send just under 10k emails using a fairly html heavy email and it's running very slowly. I'm handling the setup and sending for a client.
It's saying it has sent 1580 emails in 42 minutes ? This feels extremely slow, especially compared to what I'm reading in the forums here?

I've also popped onto the client's SES amazon account and it's not registering any sent emails apart from the test ones I sent manually before hitting GO ?

Can you please advise?

Comments

• edited January 2013

I've just had a look in the 'apps' table, it looks like it's using a from email and reply to that are incorrect?

We had trouble setting up the initial from address, and wanted to use another one in it's place, should this be setup in this table?

Sorry to double post, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

Edit: Argh crap, I can see what's happened...

I've left the wrong from address on it, How do you stop it from sending a list?

• Hi @Subodai,

The fact that sending is slow for you is because you're using the wrong (unverified) from address to send your campaign.

Even though Sendy uses multi-threading to send your emails at your SES send rate, each email that was not able to send (as a result of using an unverified address) was retried after 1 second. That explains why it took very long just to send 1580 emails because Sendy retried sending every single email and it all failed.

Make sure your 'from' email address is verified and entered correctly and try again. Edit the brand settings and set the correct 'from' address.

I've left the wrong from address on it, How do you stop it from sending a list?

Duplicate the campaign and delete the old one. Make sure to edit 'from' address and ensure it's verified and correct before sending.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben

Thanks for getting back to me, after I faffed about with it a bit I did manage to get it working which is great. I duplicated the campaign (best feature ever by the way), set the address correctly and re-sent and they all sent very quickly. I've just deleted the broken one so that's great.

I notice by the way, that you cannot schedule in another email for tomorrow after the limit refreshes when you choose a list with more recipients than you have SES emails left over... Is there any way to bypass this? I know I'll have a full compliment of 10k again around 9pm tomorrow so that's when I'd like to schedule it in but at the moment I can't...

Thanks again, love the software, really hoping it gets us some returns on our rather large email list! We were approaching Campaign Monitor with it at first, but the price was just unjustifiably huge... and with all the hoops you have to jump through to get your list verified it was a pain.

Really am pleased with Sendy and the Amazon system, I believe we're going to pull it into the forums we use so we can send domain verified emails as it's been a nightmare since he changed servers etc.

• I notice by the way, that you cannot schedule in another email for tomorrow after the limit refreshes when you choose a list with more recipients than you have SES emails left over... Is there any way to bypass this?

Previously, scheduling of emails even if you do not have enough quota left was supported. But there was one user who scheduled an email within the next few hours even when he did not have enough quota and then complained about it. So I removed that feature.

If you want to workaround this, see this thread.

Thanks again, love the software, really hoping it gets us some returns on our rather large email list! We were approaching Campaign Monitor with it at first, but the price was just unjustifiably huge... and with all the hoops you have to jump through to get your list verified it was a pain.

Really am pleased with Sendy and the Amazon system

Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.