Skip to content

Can't upload lists after enabling cron job for uploads

edited April 2015 in Troubleshooting

Hi, we had a large list to upload (approx. 150,000). So I decided to turn on the cron jobs as Sendy suggested. We're running Sendy on our own Linux box and I run the commands suggested by Sendy in the terminal and now when I try to upload a list it acts like it's working okay, but the progress meter stays at 0% (we've let it run for a couple hours on a smaller list of 30K).

Any ideas? Also the tip to add the cron job doesn't show up in Sendy anymore can I can't remember what the commands were so I'm not sure how to debug this issue.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

First of all, never run the cron job command in the terminal. This will give Sendy a false positive that the cron job is working properly even if it is not.

If the import is not moving and stuck at 0%, your cron job is not setup correctly to execute the import.csv.php script that in turn imports the CSV.

To see the cron job setup instructions again, visit http://sendy.printsourcegroup.com/sendy/reset-cron.php to reset cron job statuses in the database. You'll see the cron job instructions in a blue box again at the CSV import page.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Ah, rad. Thanks for the tip on repointing the cron job and the quick reply. I was actually able to get it up an running yesterday by manually adding the cron job to the cron file. When I originally added it, I missed the import-csv.php cron job and found that was needed by searching the forums. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.