Skip to content

Checklist for hosting Sendy after delivering more than a million emails

edited September 2015 in Using Sendy

We have been using Sendy for more than 15 months and I must say it's an amazing piece of software. In these 15 months, we would have definitely sent more than a million emails. Owing to the nature of our business, we are required to send emails to our subscribers daily and Sendy gets the job done.. The perfect way. I'm sure you can imagine the money we have saved for delivering these 1 million emails. And the experience of using Sendy too has been great (Sorry MailChimp, we do not miss you :)). Thanks Ben.

For hosting our Sendy, we tried a lot of web hosts and found home with a web host we are happy with (it has been more than 9 months with them).. Moving Sendy installation time and again is definitely something we could have avoided had we prepared a checklist of things to look in to a web host before signing up with them. And it becomes quite painful to migrate Sendy from one webhost to another and I'm sure the time we spent on this migration could have been spent more productively elsewhere.

That's when I thought why not come up with a checklist of things you should look in to before signing up with a webhost for Sendy. Sure, Digital Ocean or Linode is definitely something that many will prefer but how many marketers will be comfortable with it (or the typical targeted audience of Sendy)? Another thing was Ben has rightly mentioned a couple of things one should look for in a webhost somewhere on Sendy's website but I think there's lot more to it. That's why I decided why not write an article with a checklist to choose the right web host for Sendy. We have jotted a couple of pointers for it and will be really happy if you can help out with additional pointers / suggestions, if any:

• How big is your subscriber list? [which will affect (a) Time it takes to send 1 campaign and (b) consumption of server resources]
  • Is the frequency of your emails daily?
  • The SES region vis-a-vis the datacenter of your web host

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Shalin

Comments

• BenBen
    edited November 2015

Hi Shalin,

Glad that you like Sendy as it has helped you save tremendously.

If your concern is performance because you have a huge volume, here's a checklist → https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#sending-speed

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited September 2015

Hi Ben,

Looks like I was not able to communicate the intent of this post well.

In other words, Sendy is working perfectly fine for us. No issue at all. And we thought let's help others too. So, I decided to write a post on my blog listing things people should look before hosting their Sendy - More like a checklist.. The 3 factors that I included were:

• How big is your subscriber list? [which will affect (a) Time it takes to send 1 campaign and (b) consumption of server resources]
    • Is the frequency of your emails daily?
    • The SES region vis-a-vis the datacenter of your web host

I was not sure if I was missing any important factor. So, thought why not post it on the forum and ask the community if these 3 factors are enough or I did miss upon something.

Thanks ben.

Shalin

This discussion has been closed.