Skip to content

Autoresponder not going out

edited February 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi Ben,

I just setup my first Sendy install, doing testing so that I can get a customer setup with their own installation.

I'm having a problem with the autoresponder sending out emails.

My cron is setup to run every minute, I've also tried running it by hand it seems to be running fine.

*/1 * * * * root php /var/www/sendy.webpowerandlight.com/docroot/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Initially I setup my autoresponder to do immediately, 1 minute, 2 minute, 3 minute. I also tried setting it up in 5 minute increments.

I'm getting sporadic results and often not getting messages. It shows that on the dashboard the emails are not going out so it doesn't appear to be a deliverability problem.

I was tracing through the code and noticed that the time has to match exactly in order to send.

I am running on a VPS with PHP 5.4.11, and wondering if it's possible I'm running into some kind of timezone/VPS time issue.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Comments

• Hi @davidjbullock,

First of all, your cron job timing should always be */1 * * * *, if you change it to something else, autoresponders will not work.

Secondly, can you try setting your timezone in Settings to your local timezone?

Thanks.

Ben

• edited February 2013

Hi Ben,

All my timezone were set to my local time, the same as my php.ini and system.

I think I got it working reliably; I changed my cron to:

* * * * * root wget http://sendy.webpowerandlight.com/autoresponders.php -O /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1

• Dave
  • Cool, that will work too.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.