Skip to content

Device / OS information in Reports?

edited February 2013 in Suggestions

I would love to see OS / Device stats in the reports. Particularly for mobile vs desktop. This information greatly influences our email design, and not having it leaves us blind.

We're trying to switch to Sendy from Campaign Monitor, and the relatively sparse reports are the biggest drawback we've experienced so far.

Comments

• Thanks Steve, I'll keep that in mind.

You mentioned reports are sparse compared to Campaign Monitor. Even though our reports are laid out differently, my aim was to include all data in one page and make it as comprehensive (and comprehensible) as possible though. Rather than users having to click through into many levels to see (or get) what they need.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response, and all the great support!

I do think Sendy's reports are good, and I enjoy the comprehensive layout. I realize it's not fair to compare Sendy to CM since the prices for each service are so different, but if you have the time we'd love to see more detailed open stats. Thanks for listening!

• Is there a plan to add any mobile stats? I would love to see even something as simple as a general mobile opens and again great work Ben

• Is there any way now to see OS/Device stats?

• +1 for Device / OS information in reports. This information becomes more important nowadays because everybody now reads email using their mobile phones.

I'm quite surprised to see that this feature have not added into the latest version of Sendy although Steve mentioned this 3 years ago.

@Ben: Could you please add this into next version of Sendy ?

• Has anyone looked at this??
    Is it something that could potentially be added in a plugin, or is there a way of hooking in to the 'recording email open' code??
    V