Skip to content

Should I delete "sleeping" subscribers to keep my deliverability up?

edited May 2016 in Questions

Hello

I come from aweber where you need to delete your sleeping subscribers (by example by deleting all subscribers with non-opened emails since 4 months) in order to improve your rating, and so, your deliverability rate.

Does Amazon SES need this kind of proof in order to improve my deliverability rate?

Thanks!

Comments

• BenBen
    edited May 2016

Hi,

I come from aweber where you need to delete your sleeping subscribers (by example by deleting all subscribers with non-opened emails since 4 months) in order to improve your rating, and so, your deliverability rate.
    Does Amazon SES need this kind of proof in order to improve my deliverability rate?

No, not at all. In fact if you delete subscribers who didn't open for a period of time, you may be deleting subscribers who may be reading your email but without 'images turned on' in their email client.

A lot of users read emails without enabling 'images' which prevents 'opens tracking'.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited May 2016

Ben, Thanks for your answer.

The tracking of "clicked link" is also disabled for susbcribers with "images turned off"?

Regards
    Cedric

• The tracking of "clicked link" is also disable for susbcribers with "images turned off"?

No, click tracking is not dependant on whether "images are turned on".

This discussion has been closed.