Skip to content

Emails not sending via SMTP

edited July 2016 in Troubleshooting

I have duly set up the cron jobs at 5 and 1 minute intervals and I can see them in my apache access log on the receiving end with status code 200. Autoresponder drip campaign recipients were added using the API. SMTP credentials should be correct and there are no errors about SMTP in the server error log. Neither autoresponder e-mails nor campaigns get sent. What else could be the issue?

I noticed that subscriber details in the web interface do not show the sign-up date. Only in the database can I see a timestamp and a join_date. Is this normal?

Comments

• Hi,

SMTP credentials should be correct and there are no errors about SMTP in the server error log. Neither autoresponder e-mails nor campaigns get sent. What else could be the issue?

1. Please check with your host if they restrict sending of emails via third party SMTP. Some hosts restricts sending emails via third party SMTP.
    2. Also make sure that if you set your SMTP port as '465', choose 'SSL'. If you set your SMTP port as '587', choose 'TLS' in your brand settings.

I noticed that subscriber details in the web interface do not show the sign-up date. Only in the database can I see a timestamp and a join_date. Is this normal?

Yes that's normal.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• I had 587 and SSL. Switched it to 587 TLS and it worked. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.