Skip to content

Does using a different email address with each send improve open rates?

edited April 2017 in Questions

When I send a newsletter to our mailing list I get an open rate of 60% max. Then I get personal emails from those that never received the newsletter "where is your newsletter!?"

I am trying to fix my inbox delivery rate. Does using a different email address with each send improve inbox delivery? I test all my newsletters on Gmail to ensure it does not go to the Promotions tab. Our emails are short, 1-2 links, 1-2 images at most. It passes all tests, yet open rate is still 60% and the 40% that don't receive the emails complain.

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas? I am thinking of changing the from address with each newsletter could help. I noticed sometimes MailChimp does that. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi,

60% is already an extremely high open rate. The industry standard for open rates are between 20 to 30%. For example, see this benchmark report ? https://mailchimp.com/resources/research/email-marketing-benchmarks/. If you get more than 30% open rates, then your open rate is already superb.

Please note that it is impossible to get 100% open rate. Opens tracking requires that the recipient's email client to have 'images turned on'. Not all recipients have 'images turned on' when viewing your email.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.