Skip to content

Clarification on how Sendy sends to duplicate emails within multiple lists in a brand

edited January 2013 in Questions

@Ben,

When I was checking on the send status of a campaign to a single list within a brand this morning, I noticed the following hover popup

that indicated that Sendy would send the campaign to 35,477 recipients excluding duplicates between lists.

Without trying to over complicate this, I'm a little confused and need some clarification.

Is this ONLY if multiple lists are selected when sending the campaign?

Or does it poll all lists within the brand whether that list is being sent to in the campaign or not?

This campaign was sent to a single list and my assumption is that the Sendy notification was just a general notification in the event that the campaign had been sent to multiple lists within the brand.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited January 2013

Hi @vincentpolisi,

Your assumption is correct. It's a generic informational tooltip.

Is this ONLY if multiple lists are selected when sending the campaign?

Yes. And to clarify further, let's say you selected more than 2 lists to send to and there is 1 subscriber appearing in these 2 lists, only 1 email will be sent to this subscriber.

Or does it poll all lists within the brand whether that list is being sent to in the campaign or not?

No, it does not poll all lists within the brand.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.