Skip to content

What happen to a marked as spam address?

edited March 2013 in Using Sendy

Hi Ben and all you there,
I started using Sendy and it's really nice!
I see that bounced addresses are blocked and it's not possible to import them in sendy in any list (very good)
What happen with "marked as spam"? I expect they are blocked in the list where they are, so they don't receive news anymore.
Could they be added again in the same list? And in another? I have olnly 2-3 of that now, I have to know if I should unsubscribe them manually or check between lists if the same exists

Thank you, you don't think so but I tried to be clear....:)

Comments

• Hi @fatechand,

I started using Sendy and it's really nice!

Thank you for your appreciation!

What happen with "marked as spam"? I expect they are blocked in the list where they are, so they don't receive news anymore. Could they be added again in the same list? And in another?

When a user marked your email as spam, they'll be flagged in the list they belong to. If you add the user again into the list, their status will remain as "marked as spam". But they will not be flagged as "marked as spam" if they appear on other lists.

For bounces, if a recipient's email bounced (hard bounce not soft bounce), they will be flagged as "bounced" no matter which list they belong to as only bounces can automatically be assumed future emails cannot be sent to them again because the email does not exist.

Thanks.

Ben

• ok, so "marked as spam" means no email will be sent to them from that list, isn't it?

• Yes that's correct.

This discussion has been closed.