Skip to content

Multiple administrators

We should have the ability to have multiple master administrators and multiple administrators for each brand. This is a fairly important feature to us and I'm surprised that it doesn't exist.

Comments

• Completely agree on this !

• Seconded, I need to give more options to my clients

• +1, this would be super helpful!

• What is the status of this @ben

• edited December 2015

+1 This would be really helpful.

I just tried adding a user manually via sql (copying an existing user row in the login table and changing its id, name and username fields) but whilst I can log in with this new account, the trouble is that this user doesn't have any Brands associated with it which means that users cant work collaboratively on the same project, which would be the point for me. Hmm...

• Another +1 ping for the request on multiple admins allowed for brands!

• really need this especially if we plan on reselling sendy accounts to our customers.

• This would be a great feature, I've been asked about it many times.

• This has been requested as far back as 2012, with Ben saying they're working on adding it. Has this been implemented yet?

• +1 You have my vote on this.

• @ben Hi...new user and going through the forums to check in and see what others are going through. Have installed Sendy and sorted Amazon limits, now ready to implement my plan of selling this on to many of my clients.

I was just thinking how my clients would benefit from administrating their own accounts, while we just supply the service.

@ben can you provide an update to this post, be great to know if it's on roadmap for sometime 2017?

• Wow. Basic.

• I just installed Sendy, and I need to have two additional admins. How do I go about this?

• Just upgraded Sendy to latest version. Please support multiple admins feature.

• Am I mistaken and is there really no way to have more than 1 administrator?

• nope....there is no way for additional administrators apparently and support is not doing anything to add this basic functionality.

• This is a MANDATORY feature for any Email Marketing tool. I guess the developer doesn't have the knowledge. That's why I am dropping Sendy.

• As a new customer I'm totally shocked this feature doesn't exist. It's extremely basic. You have partial brand segregation already, you absolutely need brand admins and super admin roles.

• Adding a call for this. It's just common sense, especially as there's multiple brands already...

• @ben Is there a way to get this feature now? I am having to spend a good amount of time getting reports for people who really should be able to look it up themselves. Handing out the admin password to others is a disaster waiting to happen...

• +1 for this vital feature.

• @ben You've been asked for this multi-user feature since 2013. I think it's fair that folks are either told it WON'T ever happen, or where it sits in your order of priorities.

We know you're a one-man show and we know you're not getting rich off sendy, but you have loyal users here who keep asking for the same thing, and you're not even replying.

So how about some clarity??

• Let me start by writing that Ben should be applauded for producing Sendy and allowing ordinary bloggers etc the chance to use Amazon SES and its cheap email -- rather than be stuck with Mailchimp etc.

But this thread raises a good point -- Sendy is a one-man show and all the development requests just won't get done.

It would be useful if Ben could outline what plans there are for future Sendy versions, because it is clear the software does not do everything we all want it to do.

I've altered my Sendy slightly to add a few extra features, but I am wary of doing any extensive work because there is no indication from Ben as to what new features (if any) are in the pipeline. I don't want to implement my own changes if the very same changes are on the way.

With this 'multiple admin' request, I think it would be helpful if Ben is given a bit more of an idea of what is needed.

At the moment the structure is:

• a single top-level master admin -> multiple single-brand users -> multiple lists

It's not really clear to me from this thread what the desired user structure should be. When a client logs in, should they be able to see multiple brands they control, rather than just the one? Or is it a case of having multiple client users for a single-brand, each of whom have their own login details and who can each access the same single-brand details?

I think if Ben had a proper 'multiple admin/brand' specification agreed among the Sendy customer base, he might then be persuaded to develop something.

Just my 2p.

• I love this multple users idea as my previous software had no such feature at all and I had to do the updates for all my clients. Now at least they can each do their own. However, I'm now trying to add a new user to an existing brand and I can't figure out how to do so. Currently I'm the only user and admin for all my brands. Is it possible to add a different user to one of them, since the brands have already been created?

• I just stumbled upon this thread through google and wanted to express my need for this feature.
    I'd only need the feature for multiple users on one brand but adding other brands to a user would come in handy as well.
    Best wishes from cologne!

• No, seriously, this is a super-useful feature for me. How do we do this? @Ben? 5 years in the making, this thread.... any help, outline, decision on this?

• any news about this ?