Skip to content

Cron Jobs => Total Beginners Guide

edited January 2021 in Suggestions

Hi everyone, I've been looking through the discussion boards for help with Chron Jobs. As you can see by my spelling error, I have no idea what these are! Ben has pointed out all of the places where you're prompted to set up a cron job, and these are super clear within Sendy. However, my issue is that I had no idea what to do with the command!. So, I started searching on the forum, but couldn't see a beginners guide.

In the end I searched for cron jobs on my hosting provider, which is Siteground. They have a short guide, but it was enough to point me in the right direction. (https://www.siteground.com/kb/category/tools/cron-jobs/).

So, if you're totally confused by where to put the command php /home/***/public_html/sendy/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1

1. Step 1 is to search for how to create a cron job on # with # being the name of your hosting provider
  2. Step 2 is to read those instructions and find the place in your control panel to create cron jobs
  3. Step 3 is to insert the command/time interval that appears in the cron job help boxes that are in the relevant places in Sendy

Just wanted to share in case it was helpful for someone else.
Kim

Comments

This discussion has been closed.