Skip to content

WordPress Plugin: Integration of Sendy with WooCommerce

satsat
edited February 2021 in Contributions

Hi All,

Here is a WordPress plugin - Integration of Sendy with WooCommerce.
https://github.com/ProThoughts/wc-sendy

This plugin automatically adds WooCommerce Customers name and email to Sendy List after the order status is marked completed.

Here are a few ways this plugin can help you quickly build your email list, connect with your audience, and accelerate the growth of your business:

• Grow your email newsletter audience instantly. When a customer purchases something from your store they are added to the email list automatically.
  • Motivate your audience to purchase. Turn a first time customer into a repeat customer by emailing them incentives such as a coupon or free shipping.
  • Remove the stress of marketing with ready-to-go automated campaigns. Pre-written automated campaigns will save you time and market your business 24/7.

Features:

• Option to add URL of your sendy installation.
  • Option to add any Sendy email list.
  • Adds customer to sendy list after order is marked as complete.
  • Adds note on order that email is added to sendy list.

Let me know if you want any features in this plugin. or feel free to contribute on Github - https://github.com/ProThoughts/wc-sendy

Comments

• I have not checked this out, but it seems a really bad idea to automatically add customers to marketing email lists without their express permission. That violates all the SPAM regulations, so I would suggest using caution with that approach.

• You can ask customer permission on checkout page or add in terms and conditions page that you will be sending promotional emails or send a email to confirm for joining promotional emails. there are various ways you can get consent from customer. This is the practice normally all sites follow.

• If you have 2 different woocommerce products and create 2 different sendy list for them, would that work or all emails regardless of the product they bought are going to the same lisst

• @damola currently this plugin accepts only one list. Regardless of products all customers from order goes to that list.

This discussion has been closed.