Skip to content

Help with updating

edited June 2021 in Troubleshooting

Hi, I just updated Sendy to 5.2.2, because I was getting a red error sign when trying to send campaigns saying my Sendy couldn't communicate to Amazon.

At the time I was in the middle of trying to send a campaign. The first thing I did after updating was try to continue sending that campaign. In the Edit Campaign page I click Save & Next and get an error page saying

Unable to save campaign
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' links_tracking = WHERE id=570' at line 1
Or check https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#403-forbidden-error-when-clicking-save-and-next as you may have "mod_security" enabled on your server.

I'm looking through the troubleshooting page.

I have Wordfence on WP but it has been disabled for a while now.

I notice it makes reference to the .htaccess file which was also referenced in the upgrade instructions ("Delete the .htaccess file from the new build if you've previously made any modifications to it on the server"). But I never actually saw an .htaccess file in the new build.

Another thing that is not working is the "duplicate" and "delete" buttons on the All Campaigns page. I click them and nothing happens.

I could and probably will spend all day trying to fix this myself, but as I'm not very technically savvy, I'd appreciate any extra advice regarding what might be happening here that might save me a few hours.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi,

I am pretty sure the update wasn't done fully or properly. There may be files not being replaced or files missing.

I suggest re-uploading Sendy to make sure all files are up to date and there are no missing files:

1. Download a copy of Sendy from https://sendy.co/get-updated with your license key (use the form at the top left of the page to download Sendy).

2. Then re-upload all of Sendy's files to your server (except /includes/config.php and /uploads/ folder) replacing the old ones.

I never actually saw an .htaccess file in the new build.

If you are on a Mac, any files with a 'dot' appended in the file name are hidden (like the .htaccess file). You need to show hidden files on your Mac in order to see the .htaccess file. See http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/ on how to show hidden files on your Mac.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks for your reply. Is dragging the folders into my root Sendy FTP folder sufficient? The new folders will overwrite the old? Or do I have to open each folder one by one and drag in the new files?

• The new folders will overwrite the old? Or do I have to open each folder one by one and drag in the new files?

FTP applications usually overwrite both files and folders. Some asks you via a prompt whether you want to overwrite files and folders at the moment you upload them.

Best regards,
    Ben

• I can't actually access Settings to get my new License Key. I assume the same problem that makes the Edit and Duplicate button unclickable is making Settings unclickable.

• I just went ahead and downloaded sendy-5.5.2.zip fresh from the link in the Upgrade email I received.

• Everything works now. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.