Skip to content

Weird code embedded in emails sent

edited January 2022 in Troubleshooting

When analyzing the spam and deliverability of my emails using mail-tester, I get a warning that "5 dangerous elements (that is javascript, iframes, etc) were found while analysing your message."

These elements are:

(function() { try { var sp_old_HTMLFormElementPrototype_submit = HTMLFormElement.prototype.submit; HTMLFormElement.prototype.submit = function() { try { var spEvent = document.createEvent('Ev...
(function() { try { var sp_old_HTMLFormElementPrototype_submit = HTMLFormElement.prototype.submit; HTMLFormElement.prototype.submit = function() { try { var spEvent = document.createEvent('Ev...

I do have adblock Plus disabled for all my domains and autoresponder install.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited January 2022

Hi,

One of your browser extension is inserting code into the WYSIWYG editor when you were editing your email campaign (for example, ‘Grammarly’, ‘Ad Blocker Ultimate’, 'Adguard Adblocker', ‘MetaMask‘, 'Microsoft Editor' browser extensions are known to do just that).

1. Disable all extensions in your browser (you may try this convenient plugin) as one of your browser extensions is inserting redundant code into the WYSIWYG editor when you’re creating or editing a campaign
    2. Or use a browser that has no extensions installed
    3. Then re-create your campaign (not just “Duplicate”, create a new campaign and write your message)

You’d need to track down this browser extension that inserts these codes into the WYSIWYG editor when you were creating/editing your campaign and disable it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.