Skip to content

Issue while converting to WYSIWYG editor (lines of code appearing from nowhere)

edited June 2022 in Troubleshooting

Hello, I'm on the last version of Sendy and each time i convert my newsletter code from html to wysiwyg editor, i have some lines that are written in my newsletter and pollute it. At the beginning, there is :

:root{--toastify-color-light:#fff;--toastify-color-dark:#121212;--toastify-color-info:#3498db;--toastify-color-success:#07bc0c;--toastify-color-warning:#f1c40f;--toastify-color-error:#e74c3c;--toastify-color-transparent:hsla(0,0%,100%,.7);--toastify-icon-color-info:var(--toastify-color-info);--toastify-icon-color-success:var(--toastify-color-success);--toastify-icon-color-warning:var(--toastify-color-warning);--toastify-icon-color-error:var(--toastify-color-error);--toastify-toast-width:320px;--toastify-toast-background:#fff;--toastify-toast-min-height:64px;--toastify-toast-max-height:800px;--toastify-font-family:sans-serif;--toastify-z-index:9999;--toastify-text-color-light:#757575;--toastify-text-color-dark:#fff;--toastify-text-color-info:#fff;--toastify-text-color-success:#fff;--toastify-text-color-warning:#fff;--toastify-text-color-error:#fff;--toastify-spinner-color:#616161;--toastify-spinner-color-empty-area:#e0e0e0;--toastify-color-progress-light:linear-gradient(90deg,#4cd964,#5ac8fa,#007aff,#34aadc,#5856d6,#ff2d55);--toastify-color-progress-dark:#bb86fc;--toastify-color-progress-info:var(--toastify-color-info);--toastify-color-progress-success:var(--toastify-color-success);--toastify-color-progress-warning:var(--toastify-color-warning);--toastify-color-progress-error:var(--toastify-color-error)}.Toastify__toast-container{z-index:var(--toastify-z-index);-webkit-transform:translateZ(var(--toastify-z-index));position:fixed;padding:4px;width:var(--toastify-toast-width);box-sizing:border-box;color:#fff}.Toastify__toast-container--top-left{top:1em;left:1em}.Toastify__toast-container--top-center{top:1em;left:50%;transform:translateX(-50%)}.Toastify__toast-container--top-right{top:1em;right:1em}.Toastify__toast-container--bottom-left{bottom:1em;left:1em}.Toastify__toast-container--bottom-center{bottom:1em;left:50%;transform:translateX(-50%)}.Toastify__toast-container--bottom-right{bottom:1em;right:1em}@media only screen and (max-width:480px){.Toastify__toast-container{width:100vw;padding:0;left:0;margin:0}.Toastify__toast-container--top-center,.Toastify__toast-container--top-left,.Toastify__toast-container--top-right{top:0;transform:translateX(0)}.Toastify__toast-container--bottom-center,.Toastify__toast-container--bottom-left,.Toastify__toast-container--bottom-right{bottom:0;transform:translateX(0)}.Toastify__toast-container--rtl{right:0;left:auto}}.Toastify__toast{position:relative;min-height:var(--toastify-toast-min-height);box-sizing:border-box;margin-bottom:1rem;padding:8px;border-radius:4px;box-shadow:0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.1),0 2px 15px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.05);display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;max-height:var(--toastify-toast-max-height);overflow:hidden;font-family:var(--toastify-font-....

And at the end, there is :

If i click on convert, go back to html and again, all theses lignes appears twice. It's really annoying and it's a problem since it modificates the delivery of my newsletter after.

Can you help me ? Thanks a lot in advance

Comments

• Hi,

One of your browser extension is likely inserting code into the WYSIWYG editor when you were editing your email campaign (for example, ‘Grammarly’, ‘Ad Blocker Ultimate’, 'Adguard Adblocker', ‘MetaMask‘, 'Microsoft Editor' browser extensions are known to do just that).

1. Disable all extensions in your browser (you may try this convenient plugin) as one of your browser extensions is inserting redundant code into the WYSIWYG editor when you’re creating or editing a campaign
    2. Or use a browser that has no extensions installed
    3. Then re-create your campaign (not just “Duplicate”, create a new campaign and write your message)

If the error message does not appear anymore, then you’d need to track down this browser extension that inserts code into the WYSIWYG editor when you were creating/editing your campaign and disable it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.