Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Define/manage client permissions
  • Vote Up0Vote Down entornwebentornweb

AFAIK, Sendy does not implement any kind of control over the actions than clients can perform, aside from those directly associated to charging them.

In my organization, I can't always trust that our clients will always do "the right thing". For instance, I am pretty sure that a lot of clients will simply delete the addresses that bounced or complained on one of their campaings. This would be okay per se, but I am also pretty sure that someone will simply re-upload the whole list of subscribers (including the bounced and deleted ones) some time later, just because they've added a couple of addresses there. This is when things would go very wrong, with sendy trying to deliver more emails to the bouncing or complaining addresses.

Hence, I would like to ask you to implement some permission controls that allowed the admin to prevent clients from performing certain functions. My initial list of such permissions is:

• Disallow importing new addresses
    • Disallow e-mail removal from list (yet allow unsubscription)
    • Disallow manual confirmation of users
    • Disallow switching from double-optin to optin for their lists
    • Disallow addition of new lists

My clients would then have to contact us to perform this actions. This would allow us to implement and follow proper policies to ensure that our SES account doesn't get compromised by badly behaving clients.

Thanks

Edit: It would be even better if those settings were per-client, but we could manage with global settings too.

• 12 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down InfoSitesInfoSites

Could have also permission to only see the reports.

• Vote Up0Vote Down rarijararija

hi that will be a great feature!

• Vote Up0Vote Down webbiewebbie

+1 vote on this feature. Ben please comment

• Vote Up0Vote Down doleaguedoleague

+1 vote for this!

• Vote Up0Vote Down SeanchkSeanchk

+1 for this

• Vote Up0Vote Down InginIngin

Add permissions, please! +1

• Was this feature ever added? Does anybody know where in the Sendy application code the permissions for the Brand-level (Non-admin) users are defined and can be modified?

• Vote Up0Vote Down snblackoutsnblackout

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I'd like to specifically prevent a client from seeing the list of subscribers (since they'd be 3rd party and it's against company privacy policy), but have permissions to create and send campaigns to the lists that are available to them.

• Vote Up0Vote Down snblackoutsnblackout

FYI, I was able to modify the code where I needed it by using the below logic to determine if it was a sub user or not:

<?php if(!get_app_info('is_sub_user')):?> <?php endif ?>

• Vote Up0Vote Down SeekTruthSeekTruth

+1 this would be nice. If implementing access control, maybe this could be implemented on the file manager as well? Like give them access to just their folder to add, delete, and rename files?

• Vote Up0Vote Down cruisemrcruisemr

+1 I would like client to only be able to duplicate a campaign, update it, send it, and view the report. No access to templates or lists.

• Vote Up0Vote Down sufiansufian

Thanks for the Great software.. I just have one concern, if we could manage user roles to audit all/assigned brands metrics.. and few more data visibility for roles internal employees..