Skip to content

Can a list be hidden from User View?

edited June 2013 in Questions

I am running a mailing package business and using Sendy to send mails to my targeted lists. Now when I give the user access to the sendy install to check his reports, he can view / download my preciously collected list. Is there an option to hide a master list so that it's not visible to the user?

Comments

• Hi @donsony,

You can't hide a list that belongs to the brand user. "Brands" are designed such that the "brand user" can manage their own lists and send campaigns by themselves. It's good practice that brand users are sending to lists that belongs to them, rather than sending to lists that belongs to someone else. Doing otherwise will result in high complaint rates.

when I give the user access to the sendy install to check his reports, he can view / download my preciously collected list

Just a word of caution, this sounds like you may be at risk of getting your Amazon SES account suspended as your client(s) aren't sending to lists that opted in to him/her. Collecting emails to form a list to market to is highly frowned upon by ESPs like Amazon SES as complaint rates will be high and their reputation with ISPs will be tarnished resulting in low deliverability rates for all users of their service which is the very reason why they will suspend accounts that does that.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.