Skip to content

High Bounce rate after moving from PHP List

edited August 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi,

I recently moved all my mailling list from PHP List to sendy and I will now start sending my campaigns from sendy. However, the first campaign i sent i got on probation. Apparently PHP List handles bounces differently, and i wasn't able to export only the unbounced ones from there.

I've already read that you won't send campaigns to the already bounced mails, but there's where my problem lies. I noticed one particular mail that sendy marked as bouced, that actually exists, and it's a very important contact for us.
So why is this contact being marked as bounced, if he only got 1 soft bounce here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cheers,

Igor Van Krieken

Comments

• Hi Igor,

1. If you imported active and bounced emails into Sendy, your bounce rate will obviously be high.

2. If you find any discrepancies with Amazon marking valid emails as bounced, try checking it with them on Amazon SES forum https://forums.aws.amazon.com/forum.jspa?forumID=90

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi @igorvk,

PHPList doesn't let you export a list of unsubscribers, however if you were using it for a single list, you can do the following.

1. Export a list of all users (not all subscribers) as a CSV file. Each record will include the details of which lists a person is subscribed to.
    2. Open in Excel (you may see the CSV not really working, with all data in a single column. That's ok).
    3. Use a formula such as IF(ISERR(FIND("My List Name",A1)),"False","True") to list which are subscribed/unsubscribed.
    4. Sort by the True/False column and delete those who have previously unsubscribed.

Good luck

This discussion has been closed.