Skip to content

Segments not automatically updating

edited June 2021 in Troubleshooting

Hi Ben,

I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem where my segments are not automatically updating via cron job. My segments work correctly when I manually update then one-by-one in the UI, but running "update-segments.php" doesn't seem to work at all, either with the cron job or when I run the script via command line. Running "php ./update-segments.php" from my Sendy installation directory shows no output and doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide that would help diagnose the issue. Thank you!

Comments

• BenBen
    edited June 2021

Hi,

Can you please check your server's ‘error_log' to find any possible errors related to this.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hello! I didn't see any error logs, but digging into the PHP and adding some logs of my own helped me realize that the URL being requested in "file_get_contents_curl" was not found. The server didn't know its own domain name and I needed to add it to /etc/hosts (in my case, "127.0.1.1 https://sendy.mydomain.com"). It seems to be working now. Sorry to bother you!

This discussion has been closed.