Skip to content

GMAIL "Images are not displayed" message

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
I'm sending a lot of images in my online campaigns.

Problem is that GMAIL doesn't show images by default, instead it show that upper bar saying something like: "Images are not displayed. Display images below"...

Could you please checkout this issue because with my previous sender everything worked fine. I've tried now to google what might be the problem and one of the first results was: http://www.simplycast.com/blog/quick-fix-gmail-image-display-problem#.ULwZrIbstYE . In short, they are saying you should just add display:block css style to all your images.

Please check into this issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi, Gmail not displaying images by default is not an issue with Sendy. There is nothing to fix.

It's up to the user to click "Always display images" for your email so that future emails from you will display images. It's not how Sendy works, it's just how email clients work.

And if you find a hack to bypass this by applying a CSS style to your images, great. You should then add this CSS style to your HTML code. How you want to code and style your newsletter is entirely dependant on you.
  • On another note, the link that you included in your thread is a fix for "images not displaying properly" but not a fix for the native behaviour of not displaying images at all by default.

As far as I understand, there is no fix to bypass this option. Email clients generally do not load images without the user's consent because 'opens' can be tracked by loading an image. If a spammer knows that an email address is legit because that user opened his email, he will keep sending spam to them.

To counter this, most email clients do not load images by default unless the user is absolutely sure the email is not spam thus explicitly choose to load images 'now' or 'always'.
  • Ok...thanks for the clarification...

Could you please just tell me, is there any way that you enable documents upload (attachment). FOr example, txt, xls, rar etc.

Regards
  • Not at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.