Skip to content

Cron job not working when run in perl and set at every 5 minutes

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting

When I try to configure the cron job with the given code I get an error

Number found where operator expected at /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/627363/www.thedoersproject.com/web/content/crons/autoresponder.sh line 1, near "/1"
(Missing operator before 1?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/627363/www.thedoersproject.com/web/content/crons/autoresponder.sh line 1, near "/dev/null"
(Missing operator before null?)
Number found where operator expected at /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/627363/www.thedoersproject.com/web/content/crons/autoresponder.sh line 1, near "null 2"
(Do you need to predeclare null?)
syntax error at /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/627363/www.thedoersproject.com/web/content/crons/autoresponder.sh line 1, near "
/1"
Execution of /mnt/stor9-wc1-dfw1/627363/www.thedoersproject.com/web/content/crons/autoresponder.sh aborted due to compilation errors.

the script is in .sh and run in perl

so I've tried to run directly the php file with the cron using php language, everything seams to work I see the autoresponder panel but when i set it up no mail is sent neither subscribing by form or api

my hosting rackspace don't use classical cron they have a panel to configure them, where you choose the language and the timeframe
It is not possible to set every minute so i've set the minimum that is 5 minutes.

Any suggestion?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.