Skip to content

High number of unconfirmed in double opt-in list

edited January 2013 in Questions

Hello.

I searched the entire forum, as well as I could, but I was not able to find a previous question like mine.

Currently, I use Sendy for one brand with one list. Since the website belongs to a "sensitive" industry (weight loss), I want the list to be double opt-in, in order to minimize complaints that could eventually lead to account suspension at Amazon SES (if you take a look at their forum you'll see how many people suffer with such issues).

So far so good, except that my list gains dozens of unconfirmed emails everyday. There are 20 confirmed emails (on an average day) and 100+ unconfirmed (and a few bounces).

Is there a way to resend confirmation emails to the unconfirmed subscribers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @janiosarmento,

Here's a related thread → http://sendy.co/discussion/161/lots-of-spam-signups-on-double-opt-in-list#Item_12

I searched the entire forum, as well as I could, but I was not able to find a previous question like mine.

Sorry you couldn't find it. The title for the thread (linked above) was previously 'Urgent issue', so that may be why you couldn't find it. I've just changed the thread's title to something more descriptive.

So far so good, except that my list gains dozens of unconfirmed emails everyday. There are 20 confirmed emails (on an average day) and 100+ unconfirmed (and a few bounces).

Spammers (or bots) may have been subscribing to your list. Check the thread I linked above for suggestions.

Is there a way to resend confirmation emails to the unconfirmed subscribers?

No there's currently no way to resend confirmation emails. On another note, if you have 100+ unconfirmed emails, they may not be worth resending confirmation emails to anyway because they are most probably robots (or spammers).

Thanks.

Ben

• Thanks, Ben, I am going to take a look at the thread you pointed out.

I kinda refuse to believe those emails are spam subscriptions, because spammers usually fake names in English, and my unconfirmed subscribers are, most of them, names in pt-BR, as expected.

Your point is, for sure, valid: if one doesn't confirm immediately, perhaps resending the confirmation wouldn't make him/her change minds.

Thanks, Ben. Regarding me, you might close this discussion right now. :)

This discussion has been closed.