Skip to content

Emails not being sent

edited November 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I just purchased today and installed version 1.1.1.2 on my HostGator account. I then set up three different lists one being a test with only 4 address in it. Next I created a new campaign and sent it to the "test list". Unfortunately the email was never delivered. I did receive an email that said the campaign had been sent. I tried this two more times with the same results. Next I tried using the "Send test email", this worked fine and the email was delivered right away. Any thoughts on why one would work and not the other?

What am I missing? What do I need to do to get my campaigns to be sent?

Thanks,

Lisa

Comments

• Hi Lisa,

Sendy uses multi-threading to send emails by using 'non blocking curls'. I'm not sure if HostGator is restricting it in any way, are you on one of their shared hosting plan?

Can you show me the error log? I will then be able to find some clues to your issue.

Lastly, I just want to confirm, do you have 'production access' yet?

Thanks.

Ben
  • Hi Ben,

Yes, I am on a shared hosting plan. When I installed Sendy "mod_rewrite" came up yellow (everything else green) in the server compatibility checklist - could that have anything to do with the problem?

Sendy is now showing that the emails were sent 10+ hours ago however none of them have been delivered to the any of the addresses in the list.

The only error log that I can find on the server is empty.

Yes I have production access and can send 10,000 emails in 24 hours.

Thanks,

Lisa
  • Same problem, I'm on a dedicated server I control everything on. This new upgrade will not send emails.
  • @jaredscottm

"This new upgrade will not send emails."
    This is not true. I was able send newsletters with the new update. I also received feedback from other users who were able to send.

I also just did a test send to 102 test emails to a 'catch all' mailbox, I'm using CRON to send if you're wondering. And I received all 102 + 1 confirmation email:

As you can see, 42 + 61 = 103. All emails are sent and received.

How can I release a version that does not send emails? I want to help you guys but without seeing what errors were written to the server error log, it's hard to deduce anything.
  • edited November 2012
    @Ben I think you're taking what I said the wrong way, but, my installation is not sending emails. I realize there are 100000 factors in the problem, but our Sendy install worked before we upgraded to the newest version. Forgive my rushed posts here, but our entire marketing campaign is screeching to a halt days before the busiest shopping time of the year so it's really tough for me to make sense of it all.

We can continue through email, I just need whatever help I can get here.

Obviously you did not release a product that doesn't send emails... but there are known bugs and I'm as excited as you are to get them fixed!
  • @Ben I sent you the error_log file from in our Sendy's installation folder. Is there something else you want as well? If you want FTP access, I'll gladly give it to you, no problem! Just email me and I'll do whatever you need. We're desperate to get this working and loved the results otherwise!
  • @Ben not to mention, if it's happening to us I'm sure someone else will experience the issue. Whatever the combination of causes is, so let me know what other info you need to help diagnose!
  • @jaredscottm I completely understand if you need to send emails days before the holiday season.

There're no known bugs, server configurations differ from hosts to hosts. We just need to find what is causing the issue with Sendy on your server. There was one user who was not able to send emails through SMTP although it worked on our side. As it turns out, his host's firewall was blocking outgoing connections to external SMTP servers. That is not a bug with Sendy.

If there were bugs, I will fixed them immediately. As you can see from the screenshots I posted, emails were sent through, so there's no known bugs.

I'll talk to you through email.
  • @mlug please PM me your installation URL, email and password. As well as your FTP credentials. So that I can troubleshoot this for you. Thanks.
  • The problem has been found. For some reason, the new 'queue' table required for the latest version was not created in the database for some users. I've released 1.1.1.3 to fix this.

Download the new build at http://sendy.co/get-updated. If you're on 1.1.1.2, just replace /includes/update.php.
This discussion has been closed.