Skip to content

cron job and date errors

edited November 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hi Ben,

I'm loving how simple Sendy is the setup and use but I'm having a couple of problems.

Installation was fine, SES setup went fine. It just when I go to send out a small campaign that I'm having an issue.

I'm on a cPanel VPS, my cron is: php /home/domain/public_html/sendy/scheduled.php >/dev/null 2>&1

If I look at http://my_domain/sendy/scheduled.php is see a bunch of these even though my timezone is setup:

[25-Nov-2012 02:36:43 UTC] PHP Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Australia/Melbourne' for 'EST/11.0/DST' instead in /home/domain/public_html/sendy/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 51

I hope you can help.

Regards
Marty

Comments

• Hi Marty, thanks for your kind feedback. :)

This is a warning and does not affect any functions (though I'll remove it in the next update).
  • I totally omitted to say that I can't seem to send emails either. Not even test emails to myself. If I line up a campaign and send I get 'preparing to send' for quite a while then 'sent' but no emails come through. I'm sure it's something simple. Happy to PM you my login details.
  • Yes PM me your login details. I may need your FTP and access to your database if I can't find the issue. Thanks!
  • Hi Marty, I created a new brand in your installation and used my AWS credentials and emails were sent.

So it's not an issue with Sendy or your server. Have you verified both your email and domain?

And are you using your AWS security credentials from here https://portal.aws.amazon.com/gp/aws/securityCredentials ?
  • Thanks Ben. I think I nearly have it sorted. My only lingering issue is that from when I send a campaign it's an hour before it's actually delivered. I'm pretty sure my timezone in the app and my server time is set properly though.
  • It's weird because when I sent using my AWS credentials in your installation, I received all emails immediately.
  • I've just released the latest version 1.1.2. Timezone warnings produced by the sending scripts is now removed.
This discussion has been closed.