Skip to content

Login credential email to client (Brands)?

edited December 2012 in Questions
1. When created new brands with different from address, does that email receive the login url, email & password?
I somehow see they are not being sent.

2. Should these 'from' addresses be verified address in Amazon SES ?
The emails are being sent only from the verified from addresses.

3. DKIM filter is working only for the emails of which the domain is verified and DKIM enabled.
For brands (whose from email domains are different) but with SES verified email, it still shows as emailed-by amazon ses.
Is it possible to

4. What command/line should be added to the cname to setup SPF for amazonses (signed by my domain)? Would the spam rate be high if spf is not added?

Comments

• 1 + 2 is something i would like to know too.

Somehow confusing so far, setting up my first test company.
    a) 'from email' i use my own verified email by Amazon.
    b) emails are not sent to that email, with account access details

But.. if i want to use a client's email for 'from email' this one should be verified against Amazon SES?
    it would involve the client to have its email verified?

:: confused :: lol
  • 1. When created new brands with different from address, does that email receive the login url, email & password?
    I somehow see they are not being sent.

Ans: You need to send the email and password to your clients yourself.

2. Should these 'from' addresses be verified address in Amazon SES ?
    The emails are being sent only from the verified from addresses.

Ans: Yes of course, from addresses needs to be verified.

3. DKIM filter is working only for the emails of which the domain is verified and DKIM enabled.
    For brands (whose from email domains are different) but with SES verified email, it still shows as emailed-by amazon ses.
    Is it possible to

Ans: You need to set up DKIM for any email you don't want it to display "emailed-by amazon ses". When you setup DKIM, you're signing every email sent out. The receiving email provider will know the email is from you although it was sent via Amazon SES, hence "emailed-by amazon ses" won't be displayed.

4. What command/line should be added to the cname to setup SPF for amazonses (signed by my domain)? Would the spam rate be high if spf is not added?

Ans: Here's how to setup SPF http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/SPF.html

If SPF passes checks done by the receiving email provider, the chances of your email ending up in their spam folder will be lower.
This discussion has been closed.