Skip to content

Importing more than 5k records

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
It seems my last thread was deleted.. I am still having trouble importing files that contain more than 5,000 records.. Can someone please help?

Comments

• BenBen
    edited December 2012
    I replied but waited for a few days without a response. What error are you getting?
  • I also replied your PM saying that after logging into your installation, I was able to upload a CSV file. I also saw that you've uploaded tens of thousands of subscribers.
  • Hey Ben... Sorry I didn't see your response but I did see your PM..

We aren't receiving an error but Sendy ends up redirect to the import page saying "Please import a CSV file"..

The reason you saw tens of thousands of subscribers was because we had to break the list into groups of 1,000 subscribers.. This isn't practical to import my suppression list of 500k.. or all of my email lists.
  • No worries.

If your CSV is too big for your server to upload, you'll need to break them up into several chunks. What hosting are you with?
  • I am hosting with the GoDaddy shared linux hosting plan.. Is there a script to import via command line that I can use which injects it right into the database?
  • Hey Ben, any thoughts?
  • Try this query:

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/path/to/csv/file.csv' INTO TABLE subscribers FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' (name, email)

Note that importing subscribers this way will not have invalid emails and duplicates checked.

But after importing, you can do a duplicates check by visiting http://your_sendy_installation_url/remove-duplicates
This discussion has been closed.