Skip to content

Campaign not sending

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
I am in the middle of sending a campaign and having an issue... Only 1,384 emails sent then stalled the first time, then approx 700 more then stalled...now down to <100 at a time. I have to hit "Resume" each time... Still 4,000 subscriber left...

Cron job isn't working - /web/cgi-bin/php5 "$HOME/html/sendy/scheduled.php" > /dev/null 2>&1

I am run running Sendy 1.1.3 on a GoDaddy Linux hosted server with PHP 5.3

Comments

• Hi Jason, have you checked with Godaddy on your cron job?
  • Ben, I just got off the phone with GoDaddy and they said everything is functioning on their end. They weren't able to provide any further assistance. Why would the number subscribers sent to before stalling, gradually decrease?
  • If cron is functioning, it will automatically resume sending. You don't need to manually click resume.

Are you saying the total recipients sent, decreases?
  • Cron job must not be functioning, because I have waited 30 min with no increase in recipients. The total is not decreasing, the number of recipients sent to, between stalling is what i was referring to. Now the campaign is stalling after every 70 recipients.
  • Is cron set to run every 5 mins?

What is your cron job timing?

Is it */5?
  • BenBen
    edited December 2012
    Also, when sending stops, it means your server timed out. In other words your server stops running the sending script before it was completed.

Timeout varies from server to server. On a shared server it'd normally be shorter. That explains why sending stopped so soon.

So we built in 'Resume'. But users want 'auto-resume'. So we built it in as well so you don't have to manually click Resume.

But if your cron job is not set to run every 5 minutes, the next time cron resumes sending will vary in timing.

I just checked, on Godaddy shared server, you can only set a cron job to run every hour. So that explains why after waiting 30 minutes, sending is still not resumed.
  • If sending newsletters is important to you, I'd suggest using something like Amazon EC2. There is a free tier for 1 year. Or use a virtual dedicated server.
  • I just setup multiple cron jobs, they are each setup 5min apart.But at 70 each time, this will take a while...
  • I called GoDaddy again. They weren't much help. Although they suggested I modify my php.ini file
  • BenBen
    edited December 2012
    Hi Jason I'm closing this thread now that we resolved this via PM and the latest update has resolved this issue. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.