Skip to content

Re: Click stat not showing in export

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
http://sendy.co/discussion/comment/1474#Comment_1474

No subscribers have been deleted to my knowledge? If this is the default behaviour for when someone gets deleted, wouldn't it be better to keep the deleted user and mark as deleted instead so the historic data is still intact?

You have a point, but this will bloat up your database in the long run.

I don't see this a massive issue for me or client's uses and will provide. Not knowing the in's and out's of the system and just a concept suggestion: why couldn't you have a separate related table containing record status which will contain deleted / unsubscribed / active etc. and leave the contacts intact so across your UI you can display the status in appropriate places.

Client could have deleted the user

That would explain why the user does not appear in the CSV.

I'd rather offer the client something solid rather than you 'might' have deleted the user. 1 was deleted out of the 6k that was sent.

Ben, it would be good to see some sort of planned feature list with associated priority. The software has a lot of room for improvement and in order for me to continue using it / purchasing licenses / recommending to others I would really like to be able to see what features are actively being worked on, what we can expect in the near future etc.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited December 2012
    why couldn't you have a separate related table containing record status which will contain deleted / unsubscribed / active etc. and leave the contacts intact so across your UI you can display the status in appropriate places.
    As much as possible, I want to simplify the database structure. So unsubscribe, bounce and complaint status are attached to the same email in the same record.
    I'd rather offer the client something solid rather than you 'might' have deleted the user. 1 was deleted out of the 6k that was sent.
    There must be a reason why a subscriber was deleted. You (or your client) need to confirm a confirmation prompt before the subscriber is deleted, so it cannot be deleted by mistake. And when you or your client exports a CSV from the report to use it for other purposes, naturally that subscriber that was previously deleted for some reason will not appear in the CSV list.
    Ben, it would be good to see some sort of planned feature list with associated priority. The software has a lot of room for improvement and in order for me to continue using it / purchasing licenses / recommending to others I would really like to be able to see what features are actively being worked on, what we can expect in the near future etc.
    For a software with a 'one time fee', I have pushed out numerous updates and features requested by users that I think is useful. I am constantly improving the software, pushing out updates and adding new features. Some even complained I release updates too often. Trust me, I have never worked so hard in my life and have never been so overwhelmed by users constantly hunting me down for questions, fixes, features, updates etc.
  • 1. Structure aside it would be good to see the reports stay accurate therefore keeping note of deleted records.
    2. As above
    3. Updates and improvements can't come often enough in my view, natural for young projects, this is the whole point in the forum isn't it? To receive feedback and roll out updates / bug fixes.
  • BenBen
    edited December 2012
    1. Structure aside it would be good to see the reports stay accurate therefore keeping note of deleted records.
    All figures in the report stays accurate whether a subscriber has been deleted or not. Only when you export a CSV file, deleted subscribers will not be included in the CSV.
    3. Updates and improvements can't come often enough in my view, natural for young projects, this is the whole point in the forum isn't it? To receive feedback and roll out updates / bug fixes.
    Yup, that's right.
This discussion has been closed.