Skip to content

Campaign stuck during send

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hi Ben

List 1 contains 5k
List 2 contains 4k

Sending a campaign to each simultaneously. Campaign sent confirmation for both received by email, but both campaigns are reporting there are only 500 recipients on list 1 and 800 on list 2.

I click resume, sometimes it resumes for 10 or 15 sends then stops again. Has been running for over an hour now. Other campaigns have sent before with no probs.

Cron is setup like this:

5 * * * * php /home/igpmarke/public_html/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Can I PM you login details so you can verify?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @will

Thanks for showing how your cron job looks like. It's setup incorrectly, it should be:

*/5 * * * *

instead of

5 * * * *

If your cron job is 5 instead of */5, your cron job will only execute the sending script at 12.05am, 1.05am, 2.05am etc. It will not execute every 5 minutes like so 12.05am, 12.10am, 12.15am etc.

If you've setup cron correctly, Sendy will automatically resume sending. You don't need to keep having to click "Resume".

Lastly, it looks like your script times out too quickly. Try to set memory_limit in PHP to at least 128M. This may help.
  • Hi Ben

Thanks for response but something still not right. Setup the correct cron settings 25 minutes ago and the lists are still 'stuck' on the same amount of recipients. Still get Sendy confirmations emailed through though stating the campaign has been sent with a much higher sent value that what is being reported in the UI.

*/5 * * * * php /home/igpmarke/public_html/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Manually browsing to /scheduled continues sending on one of the campaigns for a short while.
  • Hi Ben, just to add, the campaign eventually sent, but every time the 'scheduled' script ran, it emailed me a Sendy notification that the campaign had been sent so I ended up with 30 notifications in my inbox this morning.
  • It's strange because the confirmation email only sends when the campaign finishes sending. Can't think of why. What version are you using?

Thanks.
  • Try the latest version, 1.1.3.1 and see if this happens again. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.