Skip to content

Does Anyone have Sendy on Network Solutions Essential Hosting?

edited December 2012 in Questions
I've finished setting up AWS and I'm basically minutes away from purchasing Sendy right now, but I just want to see if anyone's had any problems(or conversely success) with running Sendy on Network Solutions' Essential Hosting package. I read a post by Ben that most of the problems anyone would have with Sendy are related to server-side settings so I just want to be sure it'll work smoothly.

Their feature breakdown(https://www.networksolutions.com/web-hosting/language-support.jsp) says Cron jobs should work fine, which is something that's stood out to me as people having trouble with. As far as I can tell everything seems in order, is there anything I'm missing?

Edit: I should also add that we're running on a unix server.

Comments

• Hi Yoshiki,

If you're on an Apache server / Linux OS with PHP and mySQL support. Everything should run out of the box. Make sure you have mod_rewrite enabled, this is essential for rewriting URLs. If it's not enabled, your host can easily enable this for you.

To be able to schedule emails, your server should allow you to run a cron job at least every 5 mins. For autoresponders, it's every 1 min.

That's about all you need to take note. If you have problems, I'm here to help.

Thanks.

Ben
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks, that's exactly the information I needed. I'll check out with Network Solutions to make sure I can get mod_rewrite enabled and have Cron jobs running every 5 minutes, as all the other conditions are met. If everything goes smoothly I should be purchasing and installing Sendy by the end of the week!
  • Looking forward to seeing you onboard. :)
This discussion has been closed.