Skip to content

Installing Sendy on Nginx with PHP-FPM

We bought Sendy for managing marketing campaigns for an existing web application. Our current application stack is as follows:

Web server: Nginx 1.2.6

We do not use PHP currently at all so Nginx was not configured to server requests for PHP scripts. For installing Sendy, we upgraded to the following stack:

Web server: Nginx 1.2.6
PHP: 5.4.10 with FastCGI Process Manager (PHP-FPM)

A sample PHP file in the Nginx document root directory with the following content prints PHP runtime information correctly:

<?php
phpinfo()
?>

However, when we copy Sendy files to the Nginx document root, pages do not open and throw a 500 Internal Server Error. Neither Nginx nor PHP-FPM log files show any errors. We have been able to narrow the problem down to the line <?php include('includes/functions.php');?> in includes/header.php.

Any help in getting Sendy to work with our setup will be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi, did you install php-mysql module?

• Hi Ben

I think I did install the MySQL module. Let me check to ensure that it is indeed installed and configured correctly.

• Hi Ben

No, MySQL module is not installed. Let me install it and see if that solves the problem.

• Hi,

After installing the php-mysql module, you'll most likely solve the 500 error.

On another note, as you're installing Sendy on Nginx (not tested by Sendy), please see this thread on converting .htaccess rewrite rules to Nginx compatible rules http://sendy.co/discussion/142/nginx-rewrite-rules/p1

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben

Is there a space on this website where I can share my experience of installing Sendy on Nginx? I am thinking that it may be helpful for others attempting to go through the same process to have concrete steps on getting everything working.

• Hi,

You can start a new discussion under the Using Sendy category and post the steps to get Sendy setup on Nginx. I really appreciate you wanting to take the time to help future users who're on Nginx. :)

I assume installation is working now? If so, I'll close this thread.

Thanks!

Ben

• Hi Ben

Yes, the installation page has come up after installing MySQL module. Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.