Skip to content

No mail opens

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting

Hey Ben,

Thanks for Sendy!

I just launched our first campaign, a pilot to 1000 recipients. Sendy shows that emails were sent, and also shows about 13% bounces. Amazon SES also reflects both of these. That's fine. But six hours later, there is not a single open reported in Sendy. Though this is possible, it seems unlikely.

I'm wondering whether there is something I didn't do correctly for opens to not be reported. How does Sendy capture opens? I used HTML from a template I created in MailChimp. All the images in the email are linked to uploads I made to MailChimp. Does that have anything to do with it?

Do let me know,
Neil

Comments

• Hi @neil,

Thanks for Sendy!

You're welcome!

Please PM me your installation URL, email and password. As well has your FTP credentials so I can check this for you?

Thanks.

Ben

• Hey Ben, I sent these yesterday, did you get them? Thanks in advance

• Hi @neil,

Yes I did. Thanks. I noticed you're on Ubuntu.

Please make sure AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All so that htaccess is not ignored by Ubuntu. This post may help http://www.joeldare.com/wiki/linux:using_.htaccess_on_ubuntu

Thanks.

Ben

• @Ben,

Ok, I've made the change. What did this have to do with emails not being opened?

Thanks,
    Neil

• What did this have to do with emails not being opened?

The code in the .htaccess file rewrites URLs. This applies for newsletter previews, web version page etc as well as the 'opens' tracking code.

If URLs aren't rewritten properly, then all the above mentioned won't work.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.