Skip to content

Support for other email service providers

edited January 2013 in Suggestions

Hi,

Nice product, but the three big things missing IMO are:

1. bounce handling for smtp
  2. filtering send lists based on custom variable selections
  3. auto resume for smtp sending

Yes yes , i know Amazon this, Amazon that - but you are limiting yourselves and others. Amazon is a huge pain in the arse as far as I am concerned.

We have many reasons that keeping it all in house works for us, and attending to the above failing issues would mean we would buy 10+ licences instead of just 1.

Now, unfortunately it is back to our current software which does all of the above and more. sigh

Comments

• Hi @webby,

Thanks for your suggestions. Segmentation is already on our list though there is no ETA.

i know Amazon this, Amazon that - but you are limiting yourselves and others

Sendy is initially designed for Amazon SES, so I'm keeping laser sharp focus on Amazon SES. If we try to support everything else right now, quality will suffer we won't be able to do most of my customers justice - those who purchased Sendy for Amazon SES. Sendy is only 5 months old, do give us some time. :)

Amazon is a huge pain in the arse as far as I am concerned

I am sorry Amazon is a pain for you. I wouldn't respond by saying Amazon SES works for most people and sorry it doesn't work for you. I guess it's just as simple as - "if you please everyone you please no one". I am sure they will keep on improving the service and eventually find some middle ground to address certain issues some people are having.

Thanks for making these suggestions I really appreciate it.

Ben

• And I really thank you for keeping your laser-sharp focus on Amazon SES Ben

• If you need smtp that handles bounces visit: https://www.hubuco.com/support/sendy-webhook.html