Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Unsubs across multiple lists
  • Vote Up0Vote Down PaulPaul

Hi, first off I want to say we've been testing sendy and it looks pretty awesome.

My question is, we have a db of users, and from time to time we send targeted emails to certain groups of users, so it seems like ideally we'd create a list of users from our db, upload it , and send, which all seem to work fine. The next time we do that though, when a new list is created there could be some overlap of users between the old list and the new list. If people from the old list have unsubscribed, is there a good way to ensure that the new list will respect that unsub field?

Thank you.

• 2 Comments
  • Paul:

If you're importing the "new list" into the "old list", there won't be an issue with ensuring unsubscribes don't get re-emailed to. I covered this with Ben when I had the same concern.

If, on the other hand, you want people deleted from a brand new list who have previously unsubscribed from a prior list, my understanding is that you're going to have to manually scrub them or run a script using the API to scrub them.

• Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

@Paul,

After importing a new batch of emails to a new list, export a CSV of unsubscribes from the old list and use it to mass delete them in the new list.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions