Skip to content

Import update error

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi I tried to import my csv lists but I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/replifie/public_html/sendy/includes/subscribers/import-update.php on line 1

is there something I need to fix??

Comments

• Well I managed to fix it, I opened the import-update.php and it seemed all the code was messed in a single line thus all the comments were mixed with the code, as soon as I created the appropiate line breaks by hitting enter after each semicolon, dreamweaver told me there were no more errors, I ran the code and was able to run the import routine, but I ended up at a blank page, nevertheless, all the emails got imported properly.

• After many tries, still no luck... when importing large lists like one I had for about 21,300 subscribers, it crashes, I commented the out the last line that says:

//header("Location: ".get_app_info('path').'/subscribers?i='.$app.'&l='.$listID); ?>

and I managed to get it importing emails but sometimes it manages to import 16,430 then crashing and on the second run it imported 12,120 and crashed... I guess I need a version of this file, currently as it is (uploaded without any modification) it simply does not work...

• Well I just did a new installation uploading everything as binary per that post suggestion and it works exactly the same and I get a timeout error when sendy starts processing the 21k contact file that just finished uploading, seems the script gets tired of waiting and sends an error to the browser.

If I get back manually to sendy in the navigation URL it loads perfectly, what i discovered is that the reported amount of subscribers in my 21K list keeps growing by itsel at each refresh until it reaches the total of uploaded emails.(21k)

I increased the php.ini timeouts but no luck, it still timesout and says website unreachable, however if the file managed to upload completely, your contacts will be added to the list, no doubt, its just a little bit puzzling that you only get a blank screen or a host unreachable error.

• Just so you know, if the list is small (less than 1k) it works perfectly. =)

• Hi @adavila78,

If importing a large list gives you problem, split it into smaller chunks and upload them.

Though, I'll be looking to further improve this so you don't have to do that.

Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.