Skip to content

Error Code 400 - I've tried everything

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting

I just managed to install sendy on my bluehost account using my amazon SES credentials and all that jazz. I created a quick campaign and threw a couple of gmail accounts that I have access to into a list and tried to send my first email off to them. None of them received the email, and I got error code 400 in the log file that sendy lets you download.

I've looked on the forums and read what other people have to say about blacklisting IP's or emails, etc. however I don't see that that's my problem. I've verified multiple different types of email accounts through Amazon SES (a couple gmails and some other domains I have) and have changed my account settings to try to send it through each one of them, but I still can't even get one email to end up in an inbox. Please help!

Comments

• @joshterrill,

Have you been granted production access?

Ben

• Are you sending with your gmail as 'from' address?

• I have tried that, yes. I've also tried putting one of my other few SES verified accounts in the "from" field. Still no luck.

• You must use an email address belonging to a domain you can verify.

When using other verified emails, did you verify their domains as well?

• I see, I haven't verified any domains at all. Just email addresses. I was under the impression it was an "either or" type thing. So if I have email none@none.com and verified that email, I also have to verify the domain none.com?

• Yes. I specifically included this instruction in the Get Started Guide, see step 6.3.

• edited January 2013

Looks like someone in my department actually did have a few domains pending, but the values were pasted into the wrong dns records. It's been fixed now, and the emails are sending. Thanks!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.