Skip to content

Unsubscribers are unsubscribed from all brands

edited September 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hello again,

When someone unsubscribe from a list, he is also unsubscribed from all lists in all brands (just tested).
It should be limited to the brand from which he received the campaign.

Thanks

Comments

• BenBen
    edited September 2012
    @jpansel

By default, when a user unsubscribe from a list, he is unsubscribed from ALL lists belonging to the same brand. You can change this by editing a list and then click 'Only this list' under 'Unsubscribe user'.

To understand why unsubscribing from ALL lists is the best practice, let me give you a scenario.

Lets say you're subscribed to 'List A' and 'List B' under Nike (for example).

Nike sends a newsletter to 'List A' and you're in it. You unsubscribe to this newsletter as you do not want to receive their newsletters anymore. One week later, Nike sends another newsletter to 'List B' and you're in it as well. If Nike did not unsubscribe you from ALL their lists previously when you unsubscribed, you will receive this newsletter.

I don't know about you but I will be very unhappy to receive another newsletter from Nike as I thought I had already unsubscribed. If I'm pissed enough I will click 'Report Spam' so I can be sure I will stop receiving anything else from Nike. Over time, Nike's reputation will go down when more users report their newsletters as spam.

So think twice before setting 'unsubscribe from this list only' or 'unsubscribe from all lists'. :)
  • Hi Ben,

I understand very well what you say.

But my issue is that people are unsubscribed from ALL brands, not just from all lists belonging to one brand.

When people unsubscribe from Nike, there is no reason to unsubscribe them from Adidas.
  • This has been addressed in the later versions, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.