Skip to content

500 Internal Server Error when installing

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install Sendy over an IIS server (that runs PHP, since I have installed several wordpress blogs, etc), but Im getting a 500 Internal Server Error when I type the installation URL in my browser.

The server is running PHP 5.2.13 (run as Fast CGI application). Other available options are: version 4.4.7 and running as CGI application and ISAPI extension. I have CGI support and Perl support enabled and Python support disabled.

I tried to comment the first two lines in the .htaccess file (a solution that I saw in another post here), but it didn't work either.

I would really appreciate your help,

Thanks!

Eduardo

Comments

• BenBen
    edited January 2013

Hi Eduardo,

Sendy is not tested on Windows. It's tested to work on Linux/Apache as written on our homepage under FAQs - What are the requirements.

But you can try this http://sendy.co/discussion/109/cannot-install-sendy-1-0-8/p1

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben, thanks. Unfortunately this didn't work.

Our site is a ASP.NET application so it needs to be on a Windows Server.

But, can we buy a new domain, for example, our same domain but .net or .co, install it on an Apache server and then install Sendy with campaigns redirected to our .com site?

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

• Hi @etalamo,

But, can we buy a new domain, for example, our same domain but .net or .co, install it on an Apache server and then install Sendy with campaigns redirected to our .com site?

If you install Sendy on, let's say, mydomain.co. You can still send newsletters from email addresses belonging to your .com site. But all links in your emails will appear to be from mydomain.co when links are converted to trackable links.

PM me when you're ready to move to your new domain, I'd need to change your licensed domain registered with us in order for you to install on the new domain.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.