Skip to content

How to monitor the Queue?

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting

Is there a way to monitor the sending queue, at least at a "pending campaigns" level.
One of my users reports that received 6 times the same email , and my Amazon quota got exceded. I need to check if something got wrong in the sending queue.
Thnk you.

Comments

• You need to go to your mySQL database and look at the 'queue' table.

Can you duplicate that campaign and send the campaign to me (hello at sendy.co) and I'll see if I receive it 6 times.

Thanks.

Ben

• I've checked the database. I'm finding the same subscriber many times for the same campaign with the sent field in true.
    I've uploaded a screenshot into http://www.ramcc.net/images/nl/queuetable.png
    Are duplicates validated before queueing?
    Does sendy mantain a system log for user events to perform audits?
    Thank you!

• Hi @arstar,

Is your campaign still sending? The queue table should be cleared completely after the campaign is sent.

Have you modified your database / tables in any way? And are you using a mySQL database?

Are duplicates validated before queueing?

Yes. There are many rounds of duplicate precautions before queueing. And this has been tested over and over again to tens of thousands of emails to make sure no duplicates are sent.

Does sendy mantain a system log for user events to perform audits?

Not at the moment.

Thanks.

Ben

• The campaign was deleted by the user maybe when it was still sending. Maybe that caused a table flush failure. I've never modified the original database in any way.

"SELECT COUNT(*) FROM queues" is returning the same value (13314) for the last 30 minutes so the campaign is not being sent right now.

I think I'd have to manually truncate the table. Would this affect integrity in any way?

• I think I'd have to manually truncate the table. Would this affect integrity in any way?

No it won't affect integrity in any way.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.