Skip to content

Someone running Sendy with Nginx?

edited February 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hello,

I have read all information about configuring Sendy with nginx, but I don't know anyone using it. If someone is currently using Sendy with nginx, can help us to configure it? I think some rules and nginx configuration files are not running fine with Sendy.

In our case, we have nginx 1.2.6 with php-fpm and I get the Sendy install page, and we install it, but when we are going to login, we can't pass form the login window. Always we get the login window (using the correct or incorrect credentials).

So after several days looking for information about this configuration, I have tested some changes and using some different rules, but I have not found anyone currently using Sendy with nginx. If you are one of them, can you share your nginx configuration file and experiences configuring it?

Regards, Carlos.-

Comments

• BenBen
    edited February 2013

Hi Carlos,

I understand from your other posts that you were able to use Sendy without issues. Your previous issues with sending speed has been resolved after multi-threaded sending was introduced.

Are you installing Sendy on another server and not on your licensed domain?

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben,

as you know we are changing our current Sendy server to a new server with Nginx running. It's for the same licensed domain. Our speed has been resolved with multi-threaded support, but now we have other issues related to our actual Sendy server with Apache and slow database.

We are trying to install it in a new server with nginx but it's not possible. Some of other users nginx configuration files are not running, and in the forum I have not found anyone with a current nginx running installation, so I asked to the forum.

Regards, Carlos.-

• BenBen
    edited February 2013

Hi @cufano

How about switching to Amazon EC2 server? Micro instance - $0.02 per hour.

It'll solve all your problems.

Ben

• Hi Ben,

finally I have Sendy running on nginx!!

Well all features are not correctly running, so I'm verifying it completely. One of them is the complaints and bounces feedback. I have them configured at AWS, similar as you Sendy Get Started Guide. I think the complaint and bounce SNS are correctly running, because at the SNS Dashboard I see 2 susbcriptions confirmed (by Sendy I guess).

But when I send a test campaign and I mark as spam in Gmail some of these sended emails, the Sendy "mark as spam" don't appear, so I don't know if SNS if correctly communicating to Sendy or if Sendy is not correctly running.. How can I verify it? Is there any example data I can use to test Sendy complaint or bounce feedback?

P.D. When I have all Sendy installations finished I'll write you a detailed guide to future nginx users.

Regards, Carlos.-

• Hi @cufano,

Congrats! :)

The best way to check if bounces and complaints are registered correctly is by sending a campaign to:

Bounces: bounce@simulator.amazonses.com

Complaints: complaint@simulator.amazonses.com

If both are flagged in Sendy, then you're good to go.

Ben

• Ok, thanks Ben. I have checked it and both correct.

Regards, Carlos.-

• Great, thanks Carlos.

If you can add your comment to this thread on how you setup Sendy on Nginx, that'll be great. :)http://sendy.co/discussion/142/nginx-rewrite-rules/p1

You can also start a new thread and document the steps if you wish. I'll just redirect the above thread to yours.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.